Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Plant Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 PM

Default plants look healthy but leaves are curling under

ok lets start with what i got. 4x4 area with good ventelation and a steady supply of fresh air. temp is between 75 and 80 degrees ferenheit, fan is on 24/7. right now they have a 150hps a foot from them 18/6 light cycle. hyponex potting soil with no nutrients added yet. the soil ph is around 7-7.3... a few days ago my babies were looking healthy and green. the other night when i checked on them the leaves were starting to curl under. btw im a beginner this is my first indoor grow, someone please help me?
Attached Images
File Type: png mj.png (116.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: png mj2.png (124.8 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by ac420 : 03-29-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: plants look healthy but leaves are curling under

First off that soil looks way to dry, second ph in soil should be no higher then 6.8 , acutally use to mix mine at 6.5 to 6.7 then feed when I ran dirt. Put hand over plant. If back of hand gets hot the lights to close. Start giving them small amount of nutes. If you have nutes feed it 1/4 of what it suggests.And work it up to 3/4. I never feed it full strength. It's a waste of your nutes.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:40 PM

what can i use to lower my ph and what are some good nutes i could get?... ive put my hand under the light several times and the back of my hand always stays cool .
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM

also, the reason for the soil looking so dry is i over watered so i skipped a day of watering. dont know if that was a good idea or not
Old 03-31-2012, 02:54 PM

update: so i skipped the day of watering because i thought they were over watered and they started to perk back up and look good again. watered them, and a couple hours later they started to look unhappy . i decided to check ph of soil and water. ph of soil is still 7.0-7.3... the ph of my water is 6.0, which i thought was very weird because i have well water and i always let it sit for a few hours before i use it .... any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Silver Member

So you have a ph meter? You need to water the plants whenever they go almost dry. You never want to let the soil completly dry as the roots will die. Check the ph of the water coming out after you water and see what the ph says. Should be between 6.5 to 6.8. You nee dto get some ph up or down whichever you seem to need and when watering ph that mix to 6.5. Get some general hydroonics nutes since your new at this. there easy and have a nute chart to follow. Go light 1/4 strength to start and keep it maxed at 3/4 of their recommendation.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:39 AM

yes i have a ph meter that i purchased at home depot for around 15 bucks. is there anything that i can use around the house to lower the ph? and will lawn lime increase the ph?

i have bonnies herb and vegetable 8-4-4 nutes with oilseed extract, its supposed to be good for root development. would that possibly work for me? or should i find something else?(any suggestions) money isnt really an option when it comes to my babies.

thanks for your help too, much appriciated. ill test the ph of water straight out of the faucet tomorrow morning and post the results. btw i used bottled water thismorning it had a neutral ph instead of acidic like my old water. and a few of my babies seem to be improving (leaves arent curles as much and look like their starting to streighten out)
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 AM

water ph straight out of the faucet... stayed steady at 6.5
Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Silver Member

Thats good but will fluctuate. My ph is different depending on how they treat it in different times of the year. Also when you mix the nutes it will change so you need to make sure it stays in that range after adding nutes. The thing about nutes is they plants don't like to be switched from different nutes. So your 8-8-4 would probably do for veg, but do you have a chart you can follow for them. thats why I told you to go get some general hydroponics. You get grow, micro and bloom and use the same nutes all the way thru. In veg more grow and micro and in flower more bloom. But they have a good chart to follow.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:48 PM

no i dont have a chart to follow. ill look into some general hydroponics nutes tonight when i have some time. dumb question for you... whats the best way to get an accurate ph reading of soil?