Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Forums > General Marijuana Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 02-26-2012, 03:46 AM

Default Butane Hash Oil Bad For You!!!?

I have heard from multiple people now that hash made from butane extraction is very unhealthy, and the chemicals in the "Butane" wich is not butane at all, are very controversial and are found in insecticides and AVON products and some Hair sprays... has anyone else heard or seen anything like this???
Old 02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Butane Hash Oil Bad For You!!!?

iVE NEVER HEARD OF MAKING HASH WITH BUTANE, hONEY OIL YES, hash no.
Just realized I was yelling lol. Why anyone would use butane instead of water is beyond me.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM
GONE

lets see; break this down! BUTANE / HASH / OIL got it so far? you can use butane to make oil! or you can make oil from hash! but if you inject butane into hash and add flame = POOF.
tell me if you go to the trouble of making good bubble hash; WHY IN GODS NAME would you waste it making oil. and water/ice extraction is best
Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM

I have seen it done but have never tried anything other than traditional methods for making hash myself, and dont plan on putting butane in my ganja.... just wanted to make all the people using there honey bee's like its there job to slow down on the oil making and find out what it is that there smoking.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Tokes View Post
I have seen it done but have never tried anything other than traditional methods for making hash myself, and dont plan on putting butane in my ganja.... just wanted to make all the people using there honey bee's like its there job to slow down on the oil making and find out what it is that there smoking.
If its cloudy they havent purged it good enough. If its clear theres no butane left.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmann View Post
If its cloudy they havent purged it good enough. If its clear theres no butane left.

Whats the active ingredient in the "butane"?... I cant find the name on the web anywhere... Im assuming most people use the vector brand. I understand most of it evaporates out but there are always trace amounts left over. My point being we have no idea about these chemicals...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Golden Member

i really dont see why people make a big deal out of this. i mean sure honey oil has some butane in it, but i smoke a few grams of bud a day and guess what i use to light my bowl. burning butane from a lighter!!! that being said, i inhale a lot of butane fumes all day anyway. what's the difference if i smoke some honey oil? it's just a tiny bit more butane.
when you smoke a bowl of bud the last hit(s) usually taste like crap. that is because you are tasting butane more than weed at that point.
so, if you really have a problem with it, purge it and whip it into wax. the runnier it is the more butane is in it. eventually if you purge honey oil all the way you can get all the butane out and turn the final product into a solid rock of thc(amber glass).
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubs View Post
i really dont see why people make a big deal out of this. i mean sure honey oil has some butane in it, but i smoke a few grams of bud a day and guess what i use to light my bowl. burning butane from a lighter!!! that being said, i inhale a lot of butane fumes all day anyway. what's the difference if i smoke some honey oil? it's just a tiny bit more butane.
when you smoke a bowl of bud the last hit(s) usually taste like crap. that is because you are tasting butane more than weed at that point.
so, if you really have a problem with it, purge it and whip it into wax. the runnier it is the more butane is in it. eventually if you purge honey oil all the way you can get all the butane out and turn the final product into a solid rock of thc(amber glass).
Great analogy knubs.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:18 AM

The butane from lighters is NOT the same as the chemicals used for Honey Oil. Its not actually butane at all. Thats my point. If anyone can find out what is actually in the vector "butane" please let me know. And how much butane is in your lighter? Not close to the amount being used for oil.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 AM
GONE

vector butane is 5 times refined and is the best on the market for no impurities and thus is the butane of choice in america for oil extration. in canada it is something else. lighter butane is the bottom grade.