Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Plant Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default split stem

Last year my friend gave me a couple of oz of weed and it was very nice. Unfortunately it had gone hermie (one of his plants had gone hermie and it had pollinated all of the rest so it had a few seeds in it). Now normally I would never try to grow these seeds but as I liked the smoke so much I decided to germinate one of them and try it as a guerilla grow away from my property.
As it is so far away it has been pretty neglected on the whole, and has suffered from under watering at least ten times this year.
The ground I planted it in is very stony so after a little experimentation I started feeding it as a soil less medium with half strength feed every water.
The hole I dug was small - maybe a foot square - so the plant is pretty small too, only about 4 foot. However it seems to be doing OK and starting to bud nicely.
After a very hot august, yesterday we had a big storm and when I walked the mile that the plant is situated I discovered the plant had split in half due to storm damage.

bear in mind I have walked 8 kilos of water every day to water it at this stage I figured it was worth a little effort to do some doctoring

Normally if I get a main branch break I would splint it, however this time the damage was near the heart of the plant and I had to devise a different method of keeping the break immobile: so I entered a series of stakes to keep the plant immobile and hopefully give the plant a chance to heal the splitting point.

I used a standard bandage and wrapped tightely and with the stakes keeping the plant immobile hopefully this will work

I will take off bandage when I crop and post pics to show the healing point
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmf1.jpg (1.55 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tmf2.jpg (717.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tmf3.jpg (926.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg tmf4.jpg (1.40 MB, 24 views)
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: split stem

no obvious stress showing on the plant all seems well so far
Old 09-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Ancient Stoner

looks like it will heal
a couple things i would say is...
i use electrical tape to mend because it has flex and it doesn't retain moisture which could give fungus issue like a cloth wrap and provide a dir attack on the inner exposed core from the split
just food for thought
Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 PM
GONE

on something like this i would use copper wire and tie it back together, you can get plant healing gel at most farm and garden stores. then stake it for support. copper is good for the plant and the stem will grow around it. use thrive in the water 5ml per 4L for the next several waterings.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

ty for the advice guys ill try both those methods if (when) it happens again ty for sharing your experience good point about possible fungus attack on the stem sure makes sense
anyways here's a couple of pics of the plant one week after the storm damage looks as if I got lucky ........ pics wont upload will try later

and here's a close up of the bud formation

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmf2.jpg (1.75 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg tmf1.jpg (965.1 KB, 18 views)