Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growing Marijuana Indoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM

Default How much water hould I give my baby plants?

Hi All,

Just need some help, i've just planted my cuttings, i put them straight into 11 litre pots in coco as they had good roots. I have a 600W light approximately 1 metre above them and have bunched them all together until they need to be spread out.

I was just wondering should the light be closer as I have been advised not to put it too close as it may burn the plants, but it doesnt feel like it would.

Also could anyone advise me how much water I should be giving as I dont want to under or over water and kill the plant. I gave them approx 150ml (half a can size) last night when I first put them in the 10 Litre pots, my friend told me this may be too much though and to give them a bit less, does asnyone know how much? I'm a person who loves to know exact figures and I'd measure out exactly 100ml if thats how much you need.

Does anyone know when the plants actually start to grow aswell?

Can you see growth after 2-3 days?

Thanks Guys
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Muddy

Default Re: How much water hould I give my baby plants?

Welcome to the forum. You want your light to be as low as possible without burning the plants. Place your had at the top of the plants and hold it there for 30-60 seconds. If it feels hot, raise the light, if cool, lower it.

As to watering, MJ likes to dry out between waterings. Learn to judge by the weight of your pots. Water when they feel light. Giving a set amount doesn't really work as growing mediums vary in how much water they retain. When you do water, there should be run off from the bottom of the pots. This ensures that the whole root system is receiving nutrients and it will help to flush out salts that build up from the break down of the nutrients. You won't need to water much while the plants are small but once they get bigger a 600 watt light will probably dry them out in 3-4 days or so.

Plant growth begins as soon as the first root emerges from the seed. If everything is going well you should see a difference on a daily basis.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM
GONE

Default Re: How much water hould I give my baby plants?

coco is soilless and has no nutrients, use proper ph'ed water at 5.8 - 6.3 and start nutrients at 1/4 strenght. go to www.genhydro.com and see the soilless/hydro info