Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growing Marijuana Indoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:02 AM

Default How to get rid of pollen that got in indoor grow room?

So i have a separate small storage building that i'm using for a grow room. It has 2 separate rooms with 2 separate grows going on. I just discovered that the plants in one wing of the building are developing seeds! Somehow they got pollenated. I have no idea how it happened... but either way I need to know how to get rid of (or neutralize/kill?) the pollen that got in the building so the grow in the other wing of the building (or future grows) dont get ruined. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Ancient Stoner

Default Re: How to get rid of pollen that got in indoor grow room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catagrower View Post
So i have a separate small storage building that i'm using for a grow room. It has 2 separate rooms with 2 separate grows going on. I just discovered that the plants in one wing of the building are developing seeds! Somehow they got pollenated. I have no idea how it happened... but either way I need to know how to get rid of (or neutralize/kill?) the pollen that got in the building so the grow in the other wing of the building (or future grows) dont get ruined. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
well lets start w/ how they got violated
did u have any hermaphrodites in the garden
are the two rooms drawing from common fresh air vent or seperate
but to just clean the room well w/ a hepafilter vac/clnr from ceiling to the walls and the floor as well will get rid of the pollen pretty well and wash w/ mild soap and water to be sure because a clean grow is a better grow
i always use a cheap box fan and on the draw air side duct tape a micron particle air filter u can buy at any hardware store
i run the fan through the entire cleaning process and a when room cleaning is finished i spray the filter w/ a spray bottle to dampen the pollen to the filter so it will not disperse when u turn the fan off
this will fix the start of the problem but how did they get pollen in the first place is the real question?
from herms?
maybe from an outdoor grow from a couple of miles down wind?
to be sure i would always filter fresh air intake but if it only happened on one side i would lean in the direction of hermaphrodites (plants w/ male and female organs to be sure we are clear on the subject) being the culprite in your situation