Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Plant Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Default Dark spots on leaves spreading, please help!

Dose anybody have a suggestion what shoud I do? I grow outdoor .My plants were just doing OK, but 3 weeks ago older leaves turned yellow in the corner, than 14 weeks ago I spoted dark spots in the center of leaves and these spots are now spreading up! One plant particulary looks very ill. I've been cultivatig grass for 15 years, but never before have I noticed something like this. Plants are flowering since 1.jul. Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spots1.jpg (106.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Dark spots on leaves spreading, please help!

I have the same problem just started a post and came across yours souns and looks just like my problem. if u get any info let me know
Old 08-20-2010, 04:41 AM
JETHRO

it could be a few things

first check the ph.

how much are you feeding it? it could be underfertilized. yellow is nitrogen deficiency and the spots are phosphorus deficiency ( could be lockout from ph.) magnesieun deficiency-

they have already been budding 50 days ??? ( how far are the buds along ? ) i think yellow is ok but if they are not nearly done then you may have a nitrogen- phosphorus and potassium defi and it could be caused either by ph lockout or underfertilized.

im sure the spots are p-k deficiency just not sure if it is because of under fert or nutrient lockout due to ph. yellow could also have same cause
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Silver Member

heres what it looks like to me dude.
Step 2: Identify the disease
The symptoms of black spot are small round black patches, ranging from 1 millimetre to 1 centimetre, on the upper side of the leaf. The tissue around the spots turns yellow, and the leaves fall prematurely.

Step 3: Cultural control
As soon as you see any signs of black spot, remove the infected leaves with the secateurs or by hand. Gather all the debris from around the base of the plant too. Burn the leaves and debris or throw them away - never put them in the compost heap as this will spread the disease.

Do this throughout the year, whenever black spot occurs

Step 4: Chemical controls
Some gardeners use spray to control black spot. For the best results this should be applied after cultural controls, but may be an option if removing all the diseased leaves would leave your plant bare! Always follow the instructions on the spray container. Hold the bottle about 30 centimetres away from the plant and spray enough to coat the leaf, but not cause drips. Treat the plant either early or late in the day, so you don't spray pollen spreading insects like bees. Wait 14 days and then repeat.

Step 5: Prevention
Spraying can minimise spread but it won't stop blackspot all together. The healthier the plant, the less likely it is to catch the disease. To avoid blackspot in the future, keep your plants well-watered and fed.

Also known as:
(How Do I Deal With Black Spot Leaf Disease)
Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 AM

Smile Re: Dark spots on leaves spreading, please help!

Thanks for answers! Black spots are so caled rust (direct translation from croatian). It is very contageus tipe of fungus. Spores trawel by the wind, rainy weather helps to develop fungus. I trimmed all infected leaves, geathered them in a bag and throw in to garbage container. I have luck, that my babys are in final stage (harwest in two weeks) and as I can see only leaves are infected, not the buds. Problem was that allso litle leaves near buds have spots, so I was trimming 7 plants for 3 hours, carefuly not to infect other leaves.
It is surprising thow that so caled spots newer infected my plants before (15 seasons) but I can see that also other plants like trees, grass,.. are infected more than usual.
Thanks again!

Last edited by Erik Svet : 08-23-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Silver Member

I had this happen to me recently, you really have to think about what makes sense here... I started researching plants and nute problems in general, aside from cannabis. My brown spots showed up and I initially thought it was some type of a deposit in the leaves, so I flushed and assumed there were still nutes in the soil. WRONG, once my leaves started to yellow I knew it was a N deficiency, and the brown spots were a P and/or K deficiency. SO i prepared a weak solution and sprayed the leaves the next morning before turning my lights back on. I pruned the damage leaves to rid them of the spots and see if anymore showed up... within 3 days the leaves were green and no more spots appeared. I tend to under fertilize the first few weeks and get a feel for my new strains ability to absorb nutes. they all work so differently it amazes me. Even within the same strain each plant has its own regimen. Hope this helps. Just remember to give them a little shot of nutes every time you water (2-4 days apart). Mainly macro nutrients are the ones that need replenishing more often than you think, but don't overdo IT! be gentle!