Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Plant Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Muddy

Default Brown spots on leaves

Noticed on one of my plants today that in one section the leaves have some small brown spots. Since it's only on part of the plant I suspected an insect. Couldn't see anything with a magnifying glass. The spots are circular and the leaf tissue is dead and dry. In a couple of spots there are holes in the center of the dead tissue. It looks the same from both sides. It's effecting all the leaves in that area, new and old. I sprayed insecticidal soap about 5 days ago so maybe that killed whatever it was. I'd still like to know the cause if anyone has seen this before.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Brown spots on leaves

Make sure your soil isn’t very acidic, for calcium gets harder to be absorbed through acidic soils, Which leads to having a plant that is deficient in Calcium. The leaf tips, edges and new growth will or may turn a yellow/brown color that happen in spots and often surrounded by a sharp brown outlined edge and then the leaf tips die back
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Muddy

The pH is good, 6.8. No yellowing or other symptoms except for the round brown spots. As I said, it's not the whole plant, just one section. The rest of the plant is green and healthy which makes me think insects.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Ancient Stoner

it sounds like aphids and since u sprayed earlier u could have taken care of it, the holes could have been there for alittle time but necrosis (browning of spots like a plant scab) would not set in for a few days and u would usually b correct that if only one leaf is showing the charicteristics of the problem doesn't sound like trace or nuts or ph sounds like a varmet ...
the brown spots that show up in an aphid attack are varied depending on the mite variety.. but the fact is the holes made by the aphid are so tiny u can't see them w/o a powerful light behind the leaf..look one of my favorite cheap ideas is 2 smear a glob of vaseline around the stalk...this stops the aphids from traveling from the soil 2 the bush ... doesn't stop leaf 2 leaf contamination but if done w/ a soap u lessen the chances of reinfection w/ the vaseline... u seem 2 know your stuff so i doubt it is from your addition of variables but an unknown introduced variable(varmets!!!)darn varmets tell them 2 get their own
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Muddy

Just took another look and now I'm thinking I might have splashed some nutes on the leaves. It was dusk last night when I saw it, better light now, so a better look.

Tons of lady bugs around here, so they pretty much take care of the aphids. Spider mites are my biggest enemy but it looks like two sprayings of insecticidal soap, 4 days apart, have taken care of them.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Golden Member

just curious, but how do you check the ph of the soil?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Muddy

Either an electronic pH tester or test strips. Both available at hardware stores, garden centers, etc.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Attachment 2236Hi Muddy, My lady is in week five of flwr. Today noticed brown spots with yellow surrounding the spots. They feel crusty also.
This is my first successful grow, I've come this far, can you please advise.
Thank you, Muddy :-(

The buds look healthy. soil grow - FF big Bloom floralicious

I tried to upload pics, but I don't see them on my post!?!

I think this might help you, and ME!! LoL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leaf spots 005 77.jpg (128.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Muddy

I saw your other post first and answered there. No need to post twice, someone will see it. Have to have 15 posts before you can post pictures.

Your bud looks nice. Looks like you did a good job on this one. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks Bro' I can not seem to find your responce, on the other post. Sorry for over-posting I was deperate for answers!
Thanks again - chefyD