Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Plant Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Default When do i pinch out my plants for the 1st time ?

I am quite new to growing and am wondering at what point do I pinch the top set of leaves for the first time ?
Please help !!!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Muddy

Default Re: When do i pinch out my plants for the 1st time ?

There is no hard rule on when to top or even if you should top at all. A lot depends on your grow area and what your goal is with your plants. Topping them will make them branch more. Do you have height issues where you need to keep the plants smaller? When, and at what height are you planning on putting them into flower? At the earliest I would wait until they were around 8" or so high and had at least 5-6 good sets of leaves. Topping will set the vegetative growth back a few days to a week while the plants recovers and starts new growth.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 AM

rarely do i top or "pinch" plants. i have 7' of clearance in my indoor. the only few times i had to top was when i was growing some OG kush. it took off for the sky and had to be topped or it would have grown to the ceiling.

i think unless you have to. dont top your plants. the less stress the better.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffalotastuff View Post
rarely do i top or "pinch" plants. i have 7' of clearance in my indoor. the only few times i had to top was when i was growing some OG kush. it took off for the sky and had to be topped or it would have grown to the ceiling.

i think unless you have to. dont top your plants. the less stress the better.
topping isnt just to make bushier plants. the result of cropping is to create 2 or more top colas.now this also depends on your strain. in some strains it might give you 2 smaller colas instead of 1 big one. but in my experience have never seen this. He's qbviously wanting to do this so give him the info if you have it dont tell him not to do it. theres many different approaches at growing. thats 1 thing i dont like about these forums is that people not giving the info asked for instead get told not to do it.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters View Post
There is no hard rule on when to top or even if you should top at all. A lot depends on your grow area and what your goal is with your plants. Topping them will make them branch more. Do you have height issues where you need to keep the plants smaller? When, and at what height are you planning on putting them into flower? At the earliest I would wait until they were around 8" or so high and had at least 5-6 good sets of leaves. Topping will set the vegetative growth back a few days to a week while the plants recovers and starts new growth.
Its not all about heigth muddy, I do it to create more top colas.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:47 AM
Muddy

So do I. I love fat bushy plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmann View Post
Its not all about heigth muddy, I do it to create more top colas.